Job Reference: ILA/MM
We are looking for someone to provide advice and information to all individuals with regard to promoting financial independence. This is a varied role that is based at our head office in Coventry and will involve travel throughout Coventry and Warwickshire.
Penderels Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that provides advice and guidance to people with disabilities and healthcare needs living independently.
37 hours per week, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Monday to Friday
£20,661 per annum
As an Independent Living Adviser, your main duties will include:
- Acting as an adviser for a caseload of individuals to ensure all financial arrangements are properly documented and managed within Penderels Trust guidelines
- Ensuring financial independence is managed in a person centred approach that promotes the independence of the individual
- Ensuring that systems are in place for each individual and to ensure that they are safeguarded from fraud and financial abuse
- Liaising with the DWP and other official agencies in all matters relating to service user’s finances including change of circumstances and to do this without unnecessary delay resulting in over/underpayments
- Attending regular meetings with service user’s on an agreed timescale
- Entering and maintaining information on a central database relating to all individuals receiving a service.
Skills, Experience and Qualification
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of providing information or advice to others or within a customer service environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing adapting your style to suit the audience
- Ability to manage diary and workload effectively
- Current driving licence and unrestricted use of vehicle
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to produce letters and other documents to a high standard
- Ability to input and maintain accurate data records
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Be flexible and able to work to deadlines
- Hold minimum GCSE Grade 'C' or equivalent in English and Maths
All applications must be returned by Tuesday 29th May 2018, Interviews to be held on week commencing 4th June 2018.
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.