Job Reference: COV/PAY
Penderels Trust is currently looking for someone to provide an efficient and effective Payroll service for our customers who receive care funding.
Penderels Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that provides advice and guidance to people with disabilities and healthcare needs living independently.
37 hours per week
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
£16,646 per annum
As a Payroll Officer, your main duties will include:
- Monitoring and updating all records relating to PAYE including submissions using Real Time Information (RTI)
- Being responsible for BACS processing and all related records
- Regular liaison with HMRC, Inland Revenue and all other related governing bodies
- Provide information and advice to service users in relation to PAYE, SMP, SPP and SSP when needed
- Setting up new employees on the payroll service
- Collating and conveying customer information relating to Tax and National Insurance Liability in line with statutory requirements
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Previous experience of working with PAYE
- Ability to input and maintain accurate data records
- Ability to manage workload effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Be flexible and able to work to deadlines
- Hold minimum GCSE Grade 'C' or equivalent in English and Maths, a qualification in bookkeeping, credit control or entry level CIPP would be desirable.
All applications must be returned by Thursday 22nd March 2018.
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.