Job Reference: BRM1442564MP3 Expires: 12th December 2018
I am an elderly disabled lady living with my family. I have mobility issues as a result of arthritis and need assistance during the week to ensure my wellbeing and safety within the home. I need two Personal Assistants who can prompt me to exercise, to assist me with meal preparation and to generally act as a mentor or companion to me.
My Personal Assistant would need to be confident and have experience of working in the care profession and have experience (or can be trained) in handling of catheter bags. By providing assistance, I will be able to lead an individual and independent a lifestyle as much as possible in my own home.
My Personal Assistant should be able to handle the physical skills of lifting, handling, pushing and bending. They will not need to be a strong person to do the job well but good general health is important. They should also feel confident to ask what my needs are and also be willing to listen to my requests and the directions that I give.
I operate a no smoking policy on my premises and expect the PA to respect that. I am pure vegetarian and abide by this whilst in my premises. I have various allergies which include some medications, foods and cigarette smoke.
I require assistance with the following duties:
Personal Care requirements essential:
· assistance with personal care
· washing and dressing (including Saturday and Sunday)
· be able to handle and maintain catheter, any experience would be desirable
General Tasks include:
· to prompt me to exercise
· to prepare lunch time and tea-time meals, serve and wash-up
· to keep me company and act as a mentor to me, encouraging me to do things independently
· to carry out household and domestic duties as instructed
Other Responsibilities include:
· Punctuality: Arrive at the scheduled time, ready to start work. Let me know if you are going to be more than 10 minutes late.
· Confidentiality: I will need you to respect my privacy. Maintain a professional approach at all times.
· Good Attitude: appreciate the strains and stresses involved for me and the effect this can have on the acceptance of your help. You should respect my property and the possessions therein.
· Training: Training will be available in certain key areas. You should be prepared to attend any relevant training sessions, read any training literature provided and follow procedures as instructed.
My needs may vary from day to day and your tasks may reflect this. You could be required to perform other duties as reasonably relevant to this post.
I am looking for experienced Personal Assistants with extensive experience of looking after elderly disabled people, who are confident in providing care support to me for the hours required.
You will be caring, patient, enthusiastic and reliable.
You must appreciate the strains and stresses involved for me particularly in trying to manage a family home as normally and comfortably as possible with other people having to be around.
You will need to respect that I am a pure vegetarian and I expect you to abide by that when present in my house so that you must not bring any non-vegetarian food, including eggs in my property.
This is a non-smoking household. I am a non-smoker and have a preference that the PA is a non-smoker due to my allergy and respiratory problems caused by lingering cigarette smoke.
You should acknowledge my desire to maintain as much dignity as possible when having personal tasks carried out by you and to preserve independence.
It should be remembered that as the person whose lifestyle you are helping to continue to maintain, I am the one to make the decisions, whether as small as when to wash the curtains or as specific as the correct way of putting on a coat. It is my requirements you are carrying out, so you must treat me first as your supervisor.
Experience of platting hair would be desirable.
The position may suit someone who lives locally- Solihull or South Birmingham.
Car owner and full valid driving license essential (business insurance required) as the role may occasionally require you to drive or collect me from appointments.
Due to the nature of the work for which you are applying, this post is subject to a valid satisfactory DBS disclosure.
Monday – Sunday –these would not be 7 days running
The total 25.5hrs available (mainly afternoons and also some early mornings) and will be shared between 2 PA’s. This will be discussed further at interview.
You will be working as part of a team, which will enable some flexibility with the hours and shifts to be worked; this will be discussed further at interview.