Job Reference: JC06.04 Expires: 24th August 2018
I'm a sociable adult male who loves life and enjoys a wide range of social activities. I'm supported by a long-serving team of PAs who assist with my day-to-day needs.
Duites will include:
- If working days, accompanying me on days out for activities. (My adapted vehicle will be used for this purpose).
- Helping me to getting in and out of bed and dressed in the morning (including assistance going to the bathroom, toileting,washing,showering,dressing,etc)
- Assisting me to transfer to/from an electric wheelchair.
- Providing assistance preparing food and drink.
- If working night, putting me to bed and getting me up in he morning and occaionally respositioning me during the night (as and when required,possibly 2 or 3 times per night).
You must be patient, sensitive and understanding. You will be reliable and committed to providing high quality support at all times.
Experience of working with people who have reduced physical functioning would be advantageous and you must be confident of moving and handling techniques,hoisting and transfers.
You would also be required to drive my adapted mobility vehicle.
Two weekendds per month,from Friday evening ( start time to be agreed but expected to be about 8pm through to Monday morning,
finishing at approximately 8.00am. (3 nights plus 34 hours)