Job Reference: WAK112584BJ1 Expires: 5th March 2018
I am looking to recruit a personal assistant for a middle aged gentleman with learning difficulties who lives alone in his own home.
He is mobile around the house however he needs a wheelchair when outside the home.
He is happy following his solo pursuits such as colouring in books, making collages and watching television. He is partially deaf (having 50% hearing) so needs someone who will speak clearly and loudly and who is also happy to build up the relationship and use some basic sign language that he will show and teach himself (Makaton sign language).
He also likes his own space so a balance is required between encouraging interaction and chatting whilst not being overly intrusive.
He likes to be at home so the aim is to give gradual encouragement to build confidence for going out for trips and leisure activities.
I require a personal assistant who will provide assistance with:
• light house work
• cooking/preparation of meals
• administering medication
• support with personal care
I am looking for someone who is:
• flexible to provide holiday cover and cover additional hours sometimes at short notice
• able to interact with people with learning difficulties
• a good communicator, able to adapt to his ability and mode of communicating
• able to work alone as in due time, you will be working alone with him
Tuesday 9am-3pm (6 hours)
Saturday 3pm -8pm (5 hours)
Holiday cover as needed can be any day of the week, from 8.00am to 8.30pm, to be discussed at interview.