Job Reference: SUN1430234SS1 Expires: 26th February 2018
I am looking to recruit a personal assistant to join my already existing team of 6 personal assistants who support me to live independently in my own home. I am in my thirties, and require 24/7 support due to my learning disability, sensory impairment and physical disabilities.
I also have a pet cat.
There are two sides to the personal assistant role and I am looking for someone that can provide support with both. The first is to do all task that are associated with supporting me to live in my own home which include:
• cooking and preparing meals
• to carry out all tasks relating to domestic duties in my home
• full personal care
The second side to the role is for social support, and I will require support with the following;
• help to build my confidence, to find and make friends in the local area through accessing events and groups where likely encounters could happen
• support to build on established hobbies and explore new ideas and experiences such as going to the theatre, watching gigs at the arena, arts and crafts, friendship groups and shopping.
• support me to make informed choices around the way in which I am supported and the way I decide to live my life
• assist me to make decisions by providing information in a way I understand
• undertake any training that is necessary and appropriate for the role
• search out places of interest and present in positive, clear manner so I can understand
• search out events of interest and present in a positive, clear manner so I can understand
• support me on public transport or drive me in your car
As my needs may vary from day to day, your tasks will reflect this. You may be required to perform any other duties as is reasonably required.
The ideal candidate will have a gentle and caring nature with a great sense of humour. Experience working for people with Learning Disabilities is extremely desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Car owner and full valid driving license (business insurance required) is desirable but not essential.
Due to the nature of the work for which you are applying, this post is subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure (costs will be covered).
Shifts are arranged to cover days, nights and weekends. Rota’s are provided 4-8 weeks in advance to allow a great, work life balance for all staff members.
16hr shift example
The whole shift would be from 5pm-9am and include a night shift 10pm-8am.
Additional hours available to cover activities, sickness and holiday cover. Hours will be discussed further at interview.