Job Reference: WOR/SM
We are looking for someone to provide management support to a team of staff who advise our customers on independent living. This is a varied role that is based in both the office and out in the community.
Penderels Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that provides advice and guidance to people with disabilities and healthcare needs living independently.
30 hours per week
Days / working times negotiable
£25,951 per annum/pro rata
As a Service Manager, your main duties will include:
- Overseeing the day to day operation of the office
- Providing supervision and support to the staff team based in the Worcestershire office
- Working in partnership with the local authority
- Overseeing the management of Third Party Supported Accounts in line with the Trusts financial policies
- Preparing statistical information and management reports
- Responsibility for the Health and Safety of the office
- Providing necessary information and support to enable service users to develop and maintain their independent living schemes
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Experience of working with people with disabilities
- Awareness of social care issues
- Awareness of disability legislation
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Good listening skills
- Ability to manage, direct and motivate staff
- Ability to work on own initiative and resolve problems with the minimum of support
- Hold a current and valid UK Driving Licence
- Have unrestricted access to a vehicle
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above, in English and Maths
- Comprehensive understanding of all Microsoft packages (Excel)
Due to the nature of the role the successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
All applications must be returned by Wednesday 28th March 2018.
Interviews to be held on Thursday 5th April 2018.
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.