Job Reference: NOTT/ILA
We are looking for someone to provide advice and information to people with disabilities who live independently. This post will be office based (Sleaford) and some occasional home working, with the expectation that the successful applicant will travel to Nottinghamshire, when necessary to meet with service users at home.
Penderels Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that provides advice and guidance to people with disabilities and healthcare needs living independently.
37 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
£20,661 per annum
As an Independent Living Adviser, your main duties will include:
- Advising individuals on all aspects of their care packages including financial aspects
- Managing your own caseload
- Supporting individuals with the recruitment and ongoing management of care staff
- Providing accurate information in a clear and concise format that meets the individual's needs
- Recording and maintaining accurate records and providing reports as required
- Organising and attending meetings/reviews with individuals, colleagues and local authority staff
Skills, Experience and Qualification
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Experience of providing information or advice to others or within a customer service environment
- Experience of direct payments/health budgets and all associated costs
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing adapting your style to suit the audience
- Ability to manage diary and workload effectively
- Current driving licence and unrestricted use of vehicle
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to produce letters and other documents to a high standard
- Ability to input and maintain accurate data records
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Be flexible and able to work to deadlines
- Hold minimum GCSE Grade 'C' or equivalent in English and Maths
This post is subject to the completion of a satisfactory DBS check prior to appointment.
All applications must be returned by Friday 26th January 2018.
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.