Job Reference: COV/MGAC
Penderels Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that provides advice and guidance to people with disabilities and healthcare needs living independently.
37 hours per week
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
£25,951 per annum
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, to provide information to the senior management team and ensure the company’s income and expenditure is in line with established budgets, and to support the Finance Manager with day-to-day operations of Finance Department.
Your main duties will include:
- To prepare regular financial statements and to discuss the implications of these with senior staff.
- To analysis the company’s financial performance and make long term forecasts.
- To work with senior staff in assessing the profitability and risks of areas of the business.
- To develop budgetary and forecasting procedures.
- To assist with the costing of tenders and development of pricing models for both for services provided under contract to local authorities and the NHS.
- To support senior staff in ad hoc investigations on aspects of the business.
- To assist and input into the company’s business plan.
- To recommend ways of cutting costs.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of members of the finance team by providing support, supervision and training as required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
To be successful as a Management Accountant, you will have the following attributes:
- A recognised accountancy qualification e.g: CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA
- A comprehensive understanding of Microsoft packages
- Experience of using SAGE 200
- Previous experience of producing statistical reports and assignments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness to support colleagues
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to remain within set budgets
All applications must be returned by Friday 19th January 2018.
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.