Job Reference: SYO/FO
Due to an increase in business we are looking for an additional staff member to support our South Yorkshire office (based in Barnsley) in managing the financial accounts of our customers who receive care funding.
Penderels Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that provides advice and guidance to people with disabilities and healthcare needs living independently.
30 hours per week
Working days and times to be negotiated with the successful candidate
£13,497 per annum
As a Finance Officer, your main duties will include:
- Monitoring and updating customer account information and reconciling information with finance reports
- Processing timesheets, recording annual leave and bank holiday rates
- Processing invoices for services provided to the customer
- Inputting new customer information for payroll services
- Identifying and resolving queries effectively
- Calculating and processing funds that need to be returned to local authority or other funding bodies and liaise with their finance teams as appropriate
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Experience of working in a finance or accounting environment
- Ability to input and maintain accurate data records
- Ability to manage workload effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Be flexible and able to work to deadlines
- Hold minimum GCSE Grade 'C' or equivalent in English and Maths, a qualification in bookkeeping or accounting would be desirable.
All applications must be returned by Friday 19th January 2018
Interviews to be held on 25th January 2018
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.