Job Reference: FLN1439587HW4 Expires: 2nd January 2019
I am looking for support for my son who is 9 years old. He enjoys such things as swimming, bowling, the cinema, soft play activities, visiting the zoo and days at the beach. He has autism and ADHD and we would like to develop his opportunities to socialise and attend activities in the local area. We have a pet cat.
The duties are :
· to accompany him to attend activities
· to assist with getting ready for days out
· to supervise him at all times, whilst attending activities or playing with others, as he has little awareness of danger
· to assist with personal care and ensure his personal hygiene is maintained
· to prepare and serve light meals and snacks
· to encourage and promote self-development and social inclusion
· if required support with preparation for bed time routine
The successful candidate should:
· be reliable, responsible, show patience and be flexible
· have experience or understanding of ADHD and autism, would be an advantage
· respect privacy and confidentiality of my family and son at all times
· establish a professional standard of care and this should be maintained at all times
· consider my child’s safety at all times
· be someone who likes to be active and is happy to take part in activities
Car owner and full valid driving license essential (business insurance required).You will need to use your car to take my son to activities.
Due to the nature of the work for which you are applying, this post is subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure (costs will be covered).
Hours will be after school and weekends.
There may be additional hours during school holidays
The starting salary is £9.00 rising to £9.70 after successful completion of 6 weeks.
This will be discussed further at interview.