Job Reference: SYK1441439EJ2 Expires: 3rd September 2018
I am a middle aged gentleman who has suffered the effects of a stroke. My mobility and movement is limited and so I can’t do the things I used to do. I enjoy chatting and getting to know people and like to go out for the occasional drink. I also enjoy playing chess and accessing the community. I live with my long term partner.
The duties for this role will include:
· some personal care, this will involve help with dressing/undressing, showering and general personal cleanliness
· assistance with taking, ordering and collection of medication
· meal preparation: Breakfast
· to assist me to access the community each week on a social outing in the local area
· be generally supportive and a befriender
· undertake light household duties e.g. changing bedding, cleaning surfaces
I am looking for a friendly outgoing person with an excellent proven track record of commitment to current/past roles.
Experience is preferred in moving and handling but not essential.
You must have an empathic nature, patience and be flexible in your approach.
An understanding of the effects of a stroke is desirable.
You must be able to take direction from me in order to meet my needs.
Due to the nature of the work for which you are applying, this post is subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure (costs will be covered).
Post is subject to satisfactory references
6 x 60 minute morning calls per week, days and times to be agreed.
Plus 3 hours to be used in the week for social activities, times and days will vary.