Job Reference: FLN1431457HW3 Expires: 27th February 2019
I am an elderly lady living in the Flintshire area looking for support staff to enable me to be independent and live in my own home. I use a wheelchair when I am out and about.
I enjoy doing crafts, attending coffee mornings, shopping, going to the theatre and to the cinema.
I require a personal assistant who can complete the following duties:
· support me to safely transfer from and to my bed – I do not use a hoist
· supervise and support me with my mobility
· prepare breakfast, a light lunch and evening meals
· provide assistance with personal care, including assistance with toileting and dressing - all support to be provided in a dignified and sensitive manner
· assist with maintaining the domestic environment in relation to supporting me and in line with the assessed care plan
· provide assistance to attend hospital appointments
· if required, supervise and/or assisting the administration of prescribed medication
· support me with shopping
· support me to access social and recreational activities
· to undertake any training that is deemed necessary or appropriate for the role
· all support to be provided in a person-centered manner
The ideal candidate I am looking for will be:
• reliable and committed to the role, able to develop an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect
• assertive and able to use their initiative
• able to provide high quality care and support
• comfortable with pets as I have a dog and two cats.
Previous experience would be an advantage.
Car owner and full valid driving license preferred (business insurance required). You may be required to drive your vehicle to help me access appointments and social activities.
Full valid driving license is essential as the role requires you to drive the employer’s vehicle.
Hourly rate is dependent on previous experience and relevant qualifications.
The hours are worked Monday- Friday, starting times will be 8am / 8.30am
This will be discussed further at interview.