Job Reference: 170RS Expires: 15th October 2018
I am a woman in my 50s, living independently in a bungalow on the edge of Hereford, with 24 hour support provided by a team of Personal Assistants. I have cerebral palsy and use a wheelchair and communication aid. I am bright and intelligent and like to make my own decisions. I love getting out and about, going to the cinema and theatre and spending time with friends. I enjoy doing arts and crafts and am always up for trying new things. I also do a lot to support and speak up for other people with disabilities. My life is never dull!
Assist with all aspects of personal care in a sensitive and dignified manner
- Support with eating and drinking as instructed by the employer
- Using a hoist for all transfers within the home.
- Support with accessing all activities – this will include driving a wheelchair accessible vehicle and pushing a wheelchair.
- Domestic duties within the home such as cleaning, laundry, cooking and helping to care for a small garden
- Support with dealing with letters, bills, phone calls and emails
- Undergo relevant training as required
I need a driver with a clean licence who is happy to drive at night and out of county if required. The person needs to be outgoing with a good sense of humour and plenty of patience. They need to have good communication skills and be calm and unflappable. They must respect privacy and have a good understanding of the need for confidentiality. The ability to be flexible with their working days is essential as some weekend work will be required. Due to the nature of some of the personal care tasks a female worker is preferred. Previous experience is not essential as full training will be given but they must have a willingness to learn.
8.00am – 8.00am (split shifts are possible)
This is done on a rota system with five other team members and the days will vary.