People who employ personal assistants (individual employers) can apply for a grant from Skills for Care to cover the full cost of training for both themselves and their personal assistant.
People aged 18 or over who employ personal assistants in England can apply for grant funding from now until 28th February 2018 to pay for all types of learning and development that meets their needs, including qualifications.
Types of training include:
- How to be a good employer
- Person-centred care
- Autism awareness
- Health and safety
- Moving and assisting
- Diabetes, epilepsy, stroke, dementia and falls awareness
- First aid
The criteria that apply are:
- The fund can only be accessed by people aged 18 or over who employ and pay for personal assistants in England;
- Employers accessing the funding must complete an application form and submit evidence to prove they are an employer;
- All applications must be supported by proof of associated costs;
- The learning and development must be started before 31st March 2018.
More details can be found at www.skillsforcare.org.uk/individualemployerskillsfunding.